£35000 - £50000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Commodity Buyer/Senior Buyer
Butler Ross have a fantastic opportunity for a Commodity Buyer, to join a manufacturing company based in Staffordshire. The salary range is between £35,000 - £50,000 dependent on seniority, and the ideal candidate will have a broad range of purchasing experience, as well as experience in purchasing technical commodities, ideally within Powertrain.
Candidates will have previous experience within Purchasing or Category or Commodity Management and ideally would have been a Buyer, Senior Purchasing Officer, Senior Buyer, or a Category/Commodity Buyer.
Role responsibilities of the Commodity Buyer include:
- Locate vendors and asses, to determine availability and terms based on commodity.
- Engage suppliers and ensure parts are designed to cost and designed for manufacture.
- Support and lead cost down initiatives, bringing new ideas and suggestions and implementing them accordingly
- Analyse market in the specified area of each category.
- Participate in the development of specifications for commodity categories.
- Represent the company in negotiating pricing and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Manage internal stakeholders in regard to commodity strategies.
- Maintain systems with data updates, ensuring accuracy of key supplier information.
- Support the operations team in ensuring that Suppliers meet obligations in term of responsibilities, performance and priorities to ensure un-disturbed production.
Person Specification of the Commodity Buyer include:
- Broad Purchasing experience or experience in purchasing technical components
- Sourcing experience, ideally in a global capacity
- UK Driving License
Circa £35,000 - £50,000
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within Purchasing or Procurement as a Buyer, Senior Buyer, Senior Procurement Officer, Category/Commodity Buyer
Should you not hear anything from us regarding your application within 14 days, this will mean your application was unsuccessful! Please don't get disheartened and please keep checking the Butler Ross website for any other opportunities. All our live jobs are listed on our website.