£40000 - £45000 per annum
over 2 years ago
Composites Project Buyer
Working within the Purchasing team, and reporting into the Project Manager in a leading Motorsport company, the Composites Project Buyer will be responsible for the work flow and material management for all composites. As the sole buyer within the project team, you will be the go to person for all composite matters managing all production and sourcing.
Key Responsibilities of the Composites Project Buyer
- Managing all composite materials
- Managing the production work flow
- Negotiation of contracts to secure materials and obtain best cost.
- Maintaining high quality standards.
- Forecasting price trends.
- Costing on specific builds
- Manage and mentor graduates
Personal Specification of the Senior Project Buyer;
- Proven experience with Composites (essential)
- Knowledge of composite manufacturing
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Cope with the pressure of short lead times
- Project management experience
- Purchasing experience desirable
- Commercial acumen
- MRP/ERP systems experience
This role would suit a Buyer or Senior Buyer, Commodity Manager, Procurement Coordinator or a Procurement Officer, Project Manager, Production Planner, Material Scientist, Composite Technician.