Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45350.00 per annum + flex fund
A fantastic opportunity for a Contract Manager to join an international infrastructure project based in Birmingham with a salary up to £45,350. This contract management position has been created due to business growth & recent acquisitions. The contract manager will sit in the procurement and commercial directorate, with excellent progression opportunities into a senior contract manager position over the next couple of years.
Candidates will have previous experience within contract management specifically within a regulated environment, at contract manager level and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Contract Manager include:
- Manage a portfolio of corporate contracts up to a combined value of £60M.
- Manage the progress of change requests through the company's governance structure, systems, processes and in association with other functions.
- Proactively monitor and mitigates risks associated with their contract portfolio
- Liaise with stakeholders with respect to the progress, spend and performance reporting of contracts, imposing and monitoring performance plans and Early Warnings where applicable
- Managing formal disputes
- Undertake compliance checks against contracts
- Work to achieve value for money at each stage of the contract
- Produce and work against contract management plans for each contract
- Manage contract exit
- Monitor contract performance and administer service credits and warranty payments where applicable
- Review financial standing of suppliers on an ongoing basis and manage any resulting actions.
- Additional accountabilities may include:
- Analysis on a range of commercial and technical information
- Setting up and facilitating meetings and information sharing with other functional areas
- Development of reports and presentations to update key stakeholder groups
- Ad hoc support to high-profile projects.
Person Specification of the Buyer:
- Experience of corporate contract management
- Analytical, commercial and negotiating skills
- Ability to lead stakeholders through contract change request processes
- Ability to manage contract risk and understanding of different forms of contract and risk allocation
- Knowledge of working with or for publicly funded bodies including central government departments
Up to £45k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within commercial as a contract manager, commercial manager, or senior contract officer.