£20000 - £29000 per annum
Butler Ross are working closely a leading services business based in Portsmouth to support them with the recruitment of a Procurement and Contract Specialist. In this business, the team is quite new, so this role plays a crucial part in the development of the procurement function. You will work closely with all internal functions to create a centralised contract framework, support in reviewing and negotiating contracts and always ensure that compliance targets are met.
Main responsibilities of the Contract Manager
- Work closely with all internal functions to create a centralised contract framework
- Support in reviewing and negotiating contracts
- Always ensure that compliance targets are met
- Successfully maintain the contracts register
- Work closely with the legal team to make sure that all procurement policies and procedures are fully compliant and align with all frameworks
Skills & Experience required of the Contract Manager
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Sourcing experience - you need to understand the full end to end procurement process
- Strong commercial acumen - these suppliers are sometimes very challenging
- Excellent negotiation skills and interpersonal/negotiation skills
- The ability to work under pressure and the ability to prioritise - this role is very reactive
- Studying towards CIPS would be advantageous. Legal qualifications would also be considered
This role would suit a Contract Officer, Contract Administrator, Contract Specialist of Contract Manager who is looking to develop their career.