Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000 - £52152.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join an exciting transport infrastructure project based in Birmingham with a salary up to £52,152. This commercial manager position has been created due to continued high volume of project work and an expanding contract portfolio in the firm. The contracts manager will sit in the procurement and commercial directive, with excellent progression opportunities into a Senior Contracts Manager position over the next few years.
Candidates will have previous experience as a commercial manager or contracts manager specifically within a regulated environment, at an assistant contracts manager or contract manager level and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Contract Manager include:
* Manage a portfolio of corporate contracts up to a combined value of £60M.
- Manage the progress of change requests through the company's governance structure, systems, processes and in association with other functions;
- Proactively monitor and mitigates risks associated with their contract portfolio
- Liaise with stakeholders with respect to the progress, spend and performance reporting of contracts, imposing and monitoring performance plans and Early Warnings where applicable
- Managing formal disputes
- Undertake compliance checks against contracts
- Work to achieve value for money at each stage of the contract
- Produce and work against contract management plans for each contract
- Manage contract exit
- Monitor contract performance and administer service credits and warranty payments where applicable
- Review financial standing of suppliers on an ongoing basis and manage any resulting actions.
- Additional accountabilities may include:
- Analysis on a range of commercial and technical information
- Setting up and facilitating meetings and information sharing with other functional areas
- Development of reports and presentations to update key stakeholder groups
- Ad hoc support to high-profile projects.
Person Specification of the Contract Manager:
- Experience of corporate contract management
- Analytical, commercial and negotiating skills
- Ability to lead stakeholders through contract change request processes
- Ability to manage contract risk and understanding of different forms of contract and risk allocation
- Knowledge of working with or for publicly funded bodies including central government departments
- Governance, Assurance & Compliance
- Strategy Development
- Project Management & Planning
- Estimating & Cost Planning
- UCR/PCR Application
- Bespoke Third-Party Agreements
- Contract Management & Administration
- Dispute Resolution
- Cost Control
Up to £52,152
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within a commercial function as a contract manager, assistant contract manager, contract officer, commercial manager, assistant commercial manager, commercial officer.