£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
12 Month FTC
National FM Construction Category Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced FM Construction Category Manager to join this fantastic organisation based in Kent on a 1-year fixed term contract who are responsible for leading a national programme. You will be required to travel to different site across the UK however home working is permitted. The successful candidate with utilise category management practices to profile, benchmark, research and assess the market for risks and competitions also identifying new opportunities to make sure the best value is achieved on a national scale. You will be responsible on a national level for FM and construction categories including, utilities, hard and soft facilities management services, land disposal and professional services which will be directly related to these categories. The post holder will be required to identify where best value and cost savings can be made across the sector through the procurement of construction and facilities management.
Main responsibilities of the National FM Construction Category Manager
- Lead and manage the FM and Construction category nationally
- Collaboratively managed contracts and suppliers, joined up strategic engagement, supplier performance and contract management
- Manage and develop supplier relationships and on-going negotiations for the assigned product or service category using procurement tools
- Establishing virtual teams and working with partners to deliver commercial activity.
- Produce procurement strategies collaboratively with stakeholders and customers
- Deliver cashable savings and other financial/non-financial benefits against target.
Skills & Experience required of the National FM Construction Category Manager
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Experience of new build or major refurbishment programmes
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
Salary between £55,000-£65,000 dependant on experience
This role would be perfect for a category manager or senior category manager or procurement manager or sourcing manager or purchasing manager