Up to £62123.00 per annum
Head of Category
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for two Category Leads to join this fantastic public sector organisation supporting two local government organisations in Oxford. You will be responsible for supporting a number of categories such as IT, Professional Services, Transport, Construction, FM and many more. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a dedicated category team providing the delivery of procurement and contract management activities with a value between £100-£300million. The postholder will also be responsible for working with the Head of Procurement and Contract Management to deliver the transformation of the Councils approach to procurement and contract management and for the delivery of corporate objectives relating to their specific portfolio of spend categories
Main responsibilities of the Head of Category
- To form part of both councils joint Procurement & Contract management function and leadership team.
- To act as the designated professional adviser for procurement and contract management matters to all Directors and senior management
- To build and promote relationships, relating to their specific portfolio of spend categories across both organisations and show value for money
- To lead the delivery of procurement and contract management activity for their specific portfolio of spend categories.
- To line manage Category Managers and Procurement and Contract Management Function Leads, ensuring their direct reports have the relevant capabilities, capacity and culture to deliver the Council's procurement and contract management priorities efficiently and effectively.
Skills & Experience required of the Head of Category
- Degree or MCIPS Qualified
- Extensive procurement and contract management work experience with demonstrable impact across the procurement and contract management cycle.
- Line management experience
- Experience of managing strategic commercial relationships with key suppliers and major contractors.
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
Salary up to £62,000
This role would be perfect for a senior category manager or senior procurement manager or procurement lead or category lead or sourcing lead or senior sourcing manager or head of procurement.
If you have not received a response to your application within 2 weeks, please note that your application has not been successful.