£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + car, bonus, family PMI
Head of Commercial
A fantastic opportunity for a Head of Commercial to join a global FTSE 250 engineering services firm based in Bristol with a salary up to £80,000. This senior commercial position has been created due to business growth & a recent influx of successful projects won for the firm. The commercial director will sit in the programmes business team with a large amount of scope and ability to progress further in this large, matrixed organisation.
Candidates will have previous experience leading in commercial within an engineering environment at commercial lead, head of commercial, or commercial director level.
Role responsibilities of the Head of Commercial include:
* Leading a dynamic team of commercial professionals, embedded within a series of customer focused business delivery streams.
- Providing contract management and governance within the delivery teams
- Undertaking negotiations and pricing activities in support of organic or new growth opportunities
- Identify and implement pragmatic commercial solutions to achieve win:win scenarios with customers, partners and suppliers
- Create and execute commercial strategies to achieve success
- Support and deliver the business unit financial performance targets
- Development the functional commercial objectives for the business unit team members and align these to the operational and growth objectives
- Act as the commercial point of escalation for any and all queries from the project team - every day is different here!
- Be a mentor and guide to other commercial staff and a community of business graduates, sharing best practice, advise and recommendations to commercial scenarios
Person Specification of the Head of Commercial:
- Someone with experience of managing and understanding contracts in matrix organisations from across industry however defence experience would be desirable but not essential;
- Some who is commercially driven and can identify commercial innovation with a good business awareness of customers and competitors;
- Someone who understands and has experience in the creation of proposals whether as organic growth or for new opportunities;
- Someone who is able to thrive under pressure and meet deadlines critical to our customer's mission;
- Experience of project management and prioritising deliverables to independently manage concurrent and multiple business change projects and day to day operations simultaneously;
- A balance of public and commercial sector experience in a customer-facing and supplier-facing role; and
- Leading and inspiring people at all levels.
Education and qualifications:
- Ideally be degree qualified (or equivalent) in Engineering, Business, Law, Accountancy but not essential.
- Functional qualifications achieved, or would be willing to work towards, may include Membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS), International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or Post Graduate Certificate in Commercial Management (PGCCM
Up to £80k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within commercial as a senior commercial manager, commercial lead, head of commercial, or commercial director.