£60000 - £69000 per annum + pension
An exciting opportunity for a Head of Procurement to join a London University offering hybrid working, and a salary up to £69,000! In this permanent role, the Head of Procurement will be responsible for leading strategic procurement activities across estates, IT and professional services! Candidates will have previous experience within procurement at Head of Procurement level, and be keen to develop themselves within their careers.
Responsibilities of the Head of Procurement:
- Manage and direct the Procurement Category Management across the University, demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism and ethical behaviour at all times.
- Provide strategic procurement advice and advise on major procurements, oversee framework access and ensure adherence to Public Procurement Regulations
- Develop and implement professional strategies, processes, procedures and policies, that meet strategic business needs, maintain legal compliance, and deliver on the commitment to continuous improvement. These include category management, strategic sourcing, collaborative leverage and professional supplier relationship management.
- Develop and maintain a team structure and service model that aligns with the business need, and centralises and devolves responsibility for procurement activities across the University as appropriate.
- Contribute to managing a lean, efficient and effective delivery of professional procurement services using defined team resources to ensure value is generated and that targets and standards are successfully achieved.
- Demonstrate consistently excellent leadership qualities with excellent strategic and analytical skills and to make a major contribution at senior management level within the University
- Establish sustainable procurement and supply chain strategies to deliver a high-performing, robust, cost effective and committed supply base capable of supporting the University's and group's strategic expectations.
- Lead in the development of KPIs that measure and demonstrate the value of the Category Management.
- Manage the University's and group's insurance arrangements and put in place appropriate processes to ensure that new ways of working are incorporated
- Communicate the standards, values, behaviours and culture of the University and group.
- Develop the profile of the team internally and externally. Foster and maintain networks to ensure the University complies with current procurement regulations and best practice.
- Undertake any other appropriate duties as may be necessary in the interests of the University Group or FMI as agreed with the Director of Financial Services.
Experience of the Head of Procurement:
- Strong track record in leading, developing and delivering Procurement Strategy and Change.
- Experience of building effective and high performing teams, with ability to lead, direct and support the team in all aspects of strategic and operational procurement.
- Successfully delivered procurement transformation and culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge of public sector procurement processes and regulations.
- Strong relationship-building, influencing, interpersonal and communication skills
Up to £69,000 per annum + pension.
This role will be ideal for you if you have experience within procurement at Senior Category Manager, Senior Procurement Manager, Head of Procurement or Head of Purchasing level.