Birmingham, West Midlands
£80000 - £100000 per annum
Head of Procurement - Construction - Birmingham
Butler Ross are recruiting a Construction/Infrastructure Head of Procurement role on behalf of a fantastic organisation in Central Birmingham. As the Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for construction/infrastructure procurement activity while leading and setting the strategic direction for a growing team of procurement professionals.
This is a high profile role and as the Construction Procurement Lead you will assume responsibility for ensuring all procurement on high value and complex civils/construction contracts or similar works/services is carried out compliantly, in the required timescales, while achieving enhanced value for money and having a strong appreciation of risk and governance.
Due to the nature of the role previous construction/civils/infrastructure procurement experience is required. An in-depth knowledge of EU Procurement Regulations (OJEU, UCR, PCR) and NEC forms of contract is essential and other forms of contract experience such at JCT, FIDIC or IChemE would also be advantageous.
Essential skills and experience required for this role include;
- An in-depth knowledge of the EU procurement directives.
- An in-depth knowledge of NEC forms of contract.
- Very strong stakeholder skills with the ability to successful navigate at a senior level within a complex and challenging environment.
- Strong team leadership skills. Must have the ability to engage, retain, develop and lead the team to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Be recognised as the subject matter expert for all corporate procurement initiatives within the organisation.
In summary this role would suit an experienced procurement professional who has held a functional leadership role (Head of Procurement, Director of Procurement, Procurement Director etc.) within an environment in which the EU procurement regulations (OJEU) apply.