Up to £60000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Head of Procurement
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Procurement to join this public sector organisation based in Bicester with experience in clinical and non-clinical procurement. The ideal candidate will professionally and strategically lead the procurement department in the provision of high quality procurement services in accordance with Trust objectives, delivery innovative, effective and sustainable solutions for the Trust.
Main responsibilities of the Head of Procurement
- To manage the Procurement and Logistics function of the trust
- Liaise with the Assistant Director of Finance to review and deliver procurement requirements for the Trust
- To advise and guide the executive and senior management team in relation to the procurement goods and services
- To liaise with the NHS Purchasing and Supply Agency, other organisations and stakeholders in relation to performance monitoring and contract compliance
- To be responsible for the overall line management of the department, providing advice and mentor ship managers, managing performance issues effectively and constructively, ensuring that standards of best practice are understood and applied
- Explaining complex decisions to unsuccessful tenders who may not be receptive to such messages and who may be antagonistic and challenging.
- Accountable for identifying and delivering cost savings which are under the control of procurement
Skills & Experience required of the Head of Procurement
- Good level of education, MCIPS or Degree Qualified
- Significant experience of working in procurement/logistics function within the public sector at a senior level
- Previous line management experience - leading and motivating others
- Able to manage the organisational deliver of the procurement function
- Strong negotiation skills including problem resolution and complex contract agreement
- Aware of full end to end procurement process
- Experience using OJEU
Salary up to £60,000
This role would be perfect for a senior category manager or category manager or senior procurement manager or procurement or Head of Procurement or Assistant Head of Procurement.