Up to £68000.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity for a Head of Supply Chain to join a Leading equipment supplier based in Poole with a salary up to £68k.
Candidates must have experience of working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, in a Head of Supply Chain, Supply Chain Manager, Purchasing Manager or Operations Manager role.
Role responsibilities of the Head of Supply Chain Include:
- Establish a live Supplier Management System which includes supplier segmentation and size of spend.
- Create a suite of KPIs and a reporting system to allow measurement of supplier performance.
- Work with suppliers to maintain and improve performance.
- Develop a Sustainable and Ethical Sourcing Program
- Responsibility for helping maintain strong GP throughout the business. Including- Reducing the cost price on current products. Sourcing alternative, cheaper products. Supporting Sales in swapping products with particular customers. Rationalising the range and achieving the economies of scale.
- Travelling to other countries to visit suppliers/ manufacturers and to audit them in line with our various accreditations.
- Overseeing the Category Managers in their tendering and support of Sales on bids. This will include sourcing products where required and identifying existing products that meet the bid description.
- Working closely with the Brand Ambassador to help drive own brand development and growth. This will be in the form of identifying suppliers, analysing and identifying opportunities in our range where we can rationalise and own brand, and overseeing the management and performance of own brand suppliers.
- Overseeing Category Managers and ensure they are managing their ranges/categories of products, making sure they are relevant and competition in the market. The role also needs to oversee the product life cycle through a 'cradle to grave' process, ensuring we are not left with dead stock.
- Responsible for the Category Management Team and setting KPIs, holding them accountable and ensuring their continuous development.
- Responsible for the Fulfilment Team and ensuring that the ordering is in line with demand and timely, as well as ensuring suppliers deliver OTIF and in line with our operational processes.
Person Specification of the Head of Supply Chain Include:
- Previous experience as a Head of Supply Chain, Supply Chain Manager, Operations Manager or Purchasing Manager role.
- Experience within a vast paced environment
- Proven track record of Supplier Selection/ Management
- Global Sourcing experience
- Process improvement, Data Analysis and KPI implementation
- Proven track record of building successful cross- functional relationships
- Great communication and analytical skills
Up to £68k
This role will be well suited to you if you have experience in a Head of Supply Chain, Supply Chain Manager, Operations Manager or Procurement Manager role.