Up to £35000 per annum
over 2 years ago
Indirect Category Buyer - Northampton - £35,000
This fantastic opportunity for a commodity Buyer has arisen, to join a manufacturing company based in Northampton. The salary is circa £35,000 and the ideal candidate will have a broad range of indirect purchasing experience as this role will be in control of all Indirect spends in the business.
Candidates will have previous experience within Indirect Purchasing or Indirect Procurement and ideally would have been a Buyer, Senior Purchasing Officer, Senior Buyer, or a Category/Commodity Buyer.
Role responsibilities of the Indirect Category Buyer include:
- Locate vendors and asses, to determine availability and terms of sales.
- Analyse market in the specified area of each indirect category.
- Participate in the development of specifications for Indirect categories.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Represent companies in negotiating pricing and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Prepare bid awards and obtain approvals per the delegation of authority.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and costs.
- Maintain systems with data updates, ensuring accuracy of key supplier information.
- Support the operations team in ensuring that Suppliers meet obligations in term of responsibilities, performance and priorities
Person Specification of the Indirect Category Buyer include:
- Broad indirect Purchasing experience#
- Circa 5 years purchasing experience
- UK Driving License
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within Purchasing or Procurement as a Buyer, Senior Buyer, Senior Procurement Officer, Category/Commodity Buyer