£35000 - £40000 per annum
8 months ago
Senior Buyer needed for a leading Technology company based in Nottingham. The Indirect Purchasing Manager will be looking after a team of two, and be responsible for driving strategies across all indirect categories within the business which including IT, Facilities, Supply Chain and Manufacturing. The role has a competitive salary and the company provides great benefits.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer;
- Work out strategic plans across all indirect categories including IT, facilities, supply chain, corporate, manufacturing.
- exploit cost down and cost avoidance opportunities
- Negotiate contract renewals with and working with stakeholders across the business
- Meeting KPI's and objectives
- Monitoring and implementing areas for improvement with processes.
- Handling 3rd party installers contracts in the UK and abroad
- Being responsible for monitoring financial management within your team
- ensuring purchase orders are placed promptly
Personal Specification of the Senior Buyer;
- Indirect Purchasing experience at a senior buyer/management level
- Strong negotiation skills
- Relationship building skills
- Commercial acumen
- Strong communication and inter personal skills
- IT literate - specifically MS Office packages, including Excel
- People management experience is desirable
- Professional qualification, i.e. CIPS
This role would suit a Buyer or Indirect Purchasing Manager, Senior Buyer, Commodity Manager, Category Manager.