Up to £40k
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Ingredients Purchasing professional to join a growing FMCG organisation
Role Responsibilities of the Ingredients Buyer;
- Drive value, cost savings, and joint process improvement initiatives for assigned category.
- Create, negotiate and implement agreed contracts and service level agreements with all suppliers.
- Create, own and implement category strategies.
- Develop and improve supplier performance through the use of SRM techniques.
- Complete various financial reporting tasks such as volume and pricing analyses & market reporting.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers on contract terms & pricing.
- Work to identify and implement cost savings opportunities.
- Lead strategic sourcing teams and act as buying category subject matter expert.
- Lead RFI/RFP’s attaining added value and cost reductions.
Personal Specification of the Ingredients Buyer;
- Degree Qualified or equivalent within a Business or related discipline.
- CIPS qualification would be an advantage.
- Significant experience of Purchasing Ingredients is essential.
- Strong commercial background.
- Supplier Management experience.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
This role would also suit you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a Buyer, Senior Buyer, Sourcing Specialist, Commodity Manager, Supplier Manager or Category Manager.