£20000 - £22239 per annum
7 months ago
Material Controller - Telford
A fantastic opportunity for a Material Controller has arisen, to join an iconic manufacturer based in Telford. With a salary of £22,000 this role would be perfect for someone wants to join a company who will support them with their career progression. They are looking for someone who has had a similar role ideally in Inventory Management, Inventory Control, Stock Management and Stock control or who has worked as an Expeditor or Shipping Controller
Candidates will have previous experience within Materials, Inventory or Stock control and ideally will have backgrounds in Inventory Management, Materials Management, Stock Control, Shipping and Expediting.
Role responsibilities of the Material Coordinator:
- To release Purchase Orders and expedite component orders, maintaining delivery dates to a schedule to support Assembly and After Sales.
- Raise manually generated orders to provide components outside of MRP control.
- Monitor the delivery performance of selected vendors, agree and implement improvements in supplier delivery adherence.
- To monitor the progress on supplier deliveries.
- Attend supplier and department meetings to discuss and agree targets and actions in line with above responsibilities.
- To identify and report in a timely manner any risks to continuity of component supply.
- Support other areas of the department and organisation in order to achieve the company objectives.
- Control the delivery of imported goods
- Liase with the Purchasing and Logistics departments to arrange deliveries to at the requested time.
- Updating the shipping schedule
- Arranging the container releases avoiding unnecessary demurrage costs.
Person Specification of the Material Coordinator:
- Understanding of MRP
- Experience in a Manufacturing and Supply Chain environment
Up to £22,000 + Company Benefits Package
Working Hours & Benefits
- Monday to Thursday - 8.00 am to 17.15 pm
- Friday - 8.00 am to 11.50
- Life Assurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Pension Scheme
- 23 Days Holiday
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within Materials, Inventory, Stock, Expediting, Supply Chain and Shipping
Should you not hear anything from your application within 14 days, this will mean your application was unsuccessful, and unfortunately It will be impossible to update everyone at application stage due to the high volumes of applicants we get! Please don't get disheartened and please do keep checking our website for any other opportunities!