£28000 - £31000 per annum + Company Benefits
over 1 year ago
Material Controller - Leicester
Do you have Inventory Planning, Material Management and MRP skills, and want more autonomy in your role? Then this opportunity would be perfect for you. I have teamed up with a leading manufacturer in Leicester, who are looking for a Material Specialist to be responsible for all planning and scheduling and overseeing all material flow in the business. For the right person, this role will have scope to grow and develop.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to; Supplier Relationship Management, MRP and Materials Scheduling, Management of Purchase Orders, Expediting Deliveries, and Inventory Management. The role would be perfect for someone who is currently a Material Controller, Material Planner or Material Scheduler, Inventory Planner or Inventory Controller.
Responsibilities of the Material Controller:
- To use MRP to determine the material requirements of the Production Plan.
- Verify demand data and to order material accordingly.
- Escalate any issues where demand data is not understandable, for clarification and in case of a supplier not able to meet the requirements.
- Monitor end-to-end inventory levels.
- Regulate inventory levels for raw materials, intermediate and finished goods, in accordance with safety stocks policy.
- Anticipate product cycle and avoid the generation of obsolete stocks.
- Help prepare information for the business's score cards.
- Hold regular business review meetings with Suppliers.
- Manage forecast information with Suppliers.
- Manage Quality problems with Suppliers.
- Consignment Stock Agreements.
- Supplier Delivery Performance.
- Sub-Contact Process.
Person specification of the Material Controller:
- Experience Scheduling and Inventory Control in vertically integrated environment.
- Sound knowledge of Supply Chain processes and procedures: scheduling, demand and replenishment processes.
- Understanding of cost control.
- Experience using MRP / ERP systems, especially Advanced Scheduling Systems.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Office: expert in Excel and Access.
28 - 31k
The role would be perfect for someone who is currently a Material Controller, Material Planner or Material Scheduler, Inventory Planner or Inventory Controller.