Cradley Heath, West Midlands
£26000 - £30000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Material Planner/Buyer - Cradley Heath
Fantastic opportunity in the Aerospace industry, for a Material Planner/Buyer to join a fun and dynamic team in a growing company! The Role holder will be responsible for the planning and control the movement of bought in components, and to support the continuous flow and delivery of products to the customer at the highest quality and lowest total cost.
This role would be a good opportunity for either someone who is looking for a step up in responsibilities, or for someone already in this role looking for a new challenge!
Role Responsibilities of the Material Planner/Buyer
- Work closely with the Account Management team to assess the forecast requirements of the customer and plan materials accordingly to fulfil the service obligations of the contracts.
- Understand any urgent requirements and take proactive responsibility for resolving with the supplier base.
- Purchase & reschedule materials according to forecast demands
- Launch procurement at the start of a new contract and manage the schedule to ensure materials are available in line with customer expectations.
- Maintain periodic orderbook reviews to ensure alignment of dates and requirements.
- Expedite deliveries where necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Optimise inventory levels across the European & India warehouses to support excellent levels customer service whilst balancing the cash flow demands of the business.
- Work closely with suppliers to manage scheduled & close out any gaps in contract supply whilst maintaining wherever possible business margins.
- Ad hoc sourcing of materials & procurement to obtain the best price
- Creation of new item masters in the business system; maintain accurate system data i.e. preferred suppliers, lead times, economical order quantities.
Personal Specification of the Material Planner/Buyer
- Intermediate MS Excel skills essential
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in working with MRP / DRR systems
- Experience with sales & purchase order processing, materials planning and inventory management.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Experience gained within distribution planning will be desirable
£26,000 - £30,000
This role will be well suited if you have experience in Purchasing or Procurement as a Buyer, Junior Buyer, Assistant Buyer, or in Material and Inventory Management as a Stock Controller, Inventory Controller or Material Controller.