Up to £51668.00 per annum
4 months ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Materials Manager to join this public organisation based in Surrey. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and managing complex distribution and inventory management methodologies appropriately. You will also be responsible for managing the process of receipt, verification, sorting and onward delivery of products to all end suppliers.
Main responsibilities of the Materials Manager
- Provides leadership, support and specialist supply chain advice to others which supports departmental strategies, ensures consistency of standards and best practice, and supports clinicians in their drive towards improved frontline patient care.
- Identifies key performance targets and quality standards for areas of responsibility including the implementation and monitoring.
- Leads, directs, and supports the operational day to day management of the warehouse/stock areas
- Responsible for making recommendations for development of the longer-term strategy, as affects area of responsibility to align and integrate supply chain management activity, and practices, inclusive of internal and external logistics and supply routes and associated resource management with supporting targets, objectives and key performance criteria.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships and communications with external suppliers regarding resolution of operational supply issues as and when they may arise.
Skills & Experience required of the Materials Manager
- Experience managing a team
- Experience working in a large faced paced warehouse/stock room
- Exposure to goods in goods out, distribution, stock, materials, logistics and supply chain
- Experience in a similar role
Salary up to £51,000.
This role would be perfect for a Materials Manager or Materials Supervisor or Materials Team Leader or Inventory Manager or Inventory Team Leader or Inventory Supervisor or Supply Chain Manager or Supply Chain Team Leader or Supply Chain Supervisor or Logistics Manager or Logistics Supervisor or Logistics Team Leader or Stock Manager or Warehouse Supervisor or Warehouse Team Leader or Warehouse Manager.