£25000 - £30000 per annum
about 1 year ago
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading manufacturer in Newbury as their Production Planner. This vacancy, offering up to £30,000, is looking for experience with demand planning, supply chain coordination and production control and to be responsible for the manufacturing work schedules.
This role would very much suit a Junior Supply Chain/Planner who has a couple of years experience following on from getting a degree, and looking to excel and grow as the company does.
This exciting position will offer candidates strong support with developing a career by providing commitment and solutions ensuring progression is accelerated and furthering your career. The most ideal candidate will be able to show experience with allocating and issuing materials to the production as per works order and monitoring inventory levels, raising shortages with the supply chain teams.
The Key Responsibilities of the Production Planner:
- Creating and completing work orders efficiently so at to meet on time delivery with all customer orders
- Allocate materials requirement against the work orders and issue the stock to production
- Monitor inventory and stock levels against demands communicating with the supply chain team to avoid product shortages
- Be responsible for raising any manufacturing future risks with management
- Update production time of products to meet customer demands weekly showing the units due per product vs the production capacity
- Participate in weekly meetings reviewing orders receive and departmental performance against set targets
- Manage the Scrap reporting and analysis of results
- Use your experience of Lean Manufacturing Techniques to continually review areas where more efficient processes can be implemented in the plan
- Contribute to the sites operational and strategic initiatives
The Key Requirements of the Production Planner
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previously worked in a Production Controller, Supply Chain Planner, Material or Inventory Scheduler or Demand Planner position
- Proven understanding of Lean Manufacturing Techniques, 5S, JIT, Kaizen, Kanban.
- Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
This role would suit someone with experience of Manufacturing, Engineering, Production, Demand, Supply Chain, Materials, Inventory, Stock, Factory, Lean.