Up to £35000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Metals Commodity Buyer - Northampton - £35,000
Butler Ross have a fantastic opportunity for two commodity Buyers, to join a manufacturing company based in Northampton. The salary is circa £35,000 and the ideal candidate will have a broad range of purchasing experience, as well as experience in purchasing metal components.
Candidates will have previous experience within Purchasing or Category or Commodity Management and ideally would have been a Buyer, Senior Purchasing Officer, Senior Buyer, or a Category/Commodity Buyer.
Role responsibilities of the Metals Commodity Buyer include:
- Locate vendors and asses, to determine availability and terms of sales.
- Analyse market in the specified area of each indirect category.
- Participate in the development of specifications for Indirect categories.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Represent companies in negotiating pricing and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Prepare bid awards and obtain approvals per the delegation of authority.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Maintain systems with data updates, ensuring accuracy of key supplier information.
- Support the operations team in ensuring that Suppliers meet obligations in term of responsibilities, performance and priorities to ensure un-disturbed production.
Person Specification of the Metals Commodity Buyer include:
- Broad Purchasing experience or experience in purchasing metal components
- Circa 5 years purchasing experience
- UK Driving License
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within Purchasing or Procurement as a Buyer, Senior Buyer, Senior Procurement Officer, Category/Commodity Buyer
Should you not hear anything from us regarding your application within 14 days, this will mean your application was unsuccessful! Please don't get disheartened and please keep checking the Butler Ross website for any other opportunities. All our live jobs are listed on our website.