Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000 - £50000 per annum
5 months ago
As a Policy and Process Analyst you will work to support the development, implementation, improvement and communication of the Procurement, Supply Chain and Contract Management policies and processes across all stages of the procurement lifecycle through employing process improvement methodologies.
- Assist in developing and improving a robust, auditable and transparent Procurement and Contract Management system (Procure to Pay Control Framework), that ensures policies, process and templates are developed to support the need to source, select, manage and deliver the diverse range of works, good and services required by the organisation.
- Support the delivery of change initiatives from identification through to delivery including approvals and Procure to Pay Control Framework updates;
- To deliver process improvement workshops to identify ideas and solutions to support the delivery of greater efficiency through the identification of better ways of working;
- Work with other team members and procurement teams to devise new Procure to Pay processes and tools;
- Provide support to the wider Policy and Process team, including general administration, management of mailbox, records and databases;
- Facilitate Lessons Learned reviews and feedback process improvements into the Procure to Pay Control Framework;
- Delivery of Policy and Process training to new starters within the directorate and development refresher training for the wider teams;
- Regularly liaise with the DfT's Virtual Procurement Policy Team (VPT) regarding updates to Government procurement policies and procedures and ensuring any updates are communicated to the Commercial team.
Skills and Experience:
- A good understanding of Procurement and Contract Management
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of EU and UK procurement legislation is desired