£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
8 months ago
12 Month FTC
Procurement and Commercial Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Procurement and Commercial Manager to join a fantastic organisation based in Kent for a 1-year fixed term contract. You will be responsible for delivering best value commercial outcomes through profiling, benchmarking , researching, and assessing the relevant market, risks, competition, and any new opportunities to make sure that the best value is achieved. The successful candidate will be part of the Senior level within the Procurement and Commercial team and shall be focussed on providing dedicated commercial and procurement services to a national programme.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement and Commercial Manager
- Utilise commercial and procurement best practices to profile, benchmark, research and assess the relevant markets, risks, competition, trends and new opportunities to ensure continuity of supply and that best value is achieved
- Manage and develop supplier relationships and on-going negotiations for the assigned product or service category using procurement tools
- Ensure all procurement and commercial practices are delivered with audit regulations
- Have a proven track record of savings
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement and Commercial Manager
- CIPS Qualification or actively working towards
- Working knowledge of EU tendering and contract regulations.
- Experience of procurement and/or contract management
- Good negotiation skills with a proven ability to be able to persuade and influence.
- Ability to build relationships with suppliers and stakeholders at a senior level
Salary between £45,000-£50,000 depending on experience.
This role would be perfect for a senior buyer or senior procurement officer senior category officer or senior procurement specialist or senior category specialist or procurement manager or commercial manager or senior commercial officer.