High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Up to £35000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Procurement and Contracts Procurement Specialist
Full Time Permanent £35,000k
A fantastic opportunity for a Procurement and Contracts specialist to join an organisation just outside of High Wycombe. This position has been created due to continued growth within the team and due to additional workload following on from some recent projects within the team.
Due to the nature of the role prior experience within the public sector is desirable however an understanding of EU contracts is essential as the successful candidate will be responsible for providing key support to the Procurement Team with regards to management and renewal of contracts.
Role responsibilities of the Procurement and Contracts Officer will include:
- Work on and deliver procurement projects for the organisation in order to maximise value for money.
- Develop quotation and tender documentation in line with requirements
- Project manage procurement projects from start to finish ensuring all terms are signed with suppliers.
- Manage the process of tender documentation and coordinate responses to enquiries
- Lead on the evaluation and appraisal of bids ensuring all measures are considered.
- Manage and oversea contract spend so that cost saving opportunities can be identified and actioned.
- Implement and develop audit systems in order to monitor contractor performance taking action when necessary.
- Participate in the negotiation of contract extension and variation to contracts
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the market you are responsible for identifying threats and new opportunities.
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders within the business reflecting key values within the business.
- Provide a flexible approach and respond to changing demands of customers and the business
Person Specification of the Procurement and Contracts Officer:
- A good understanding of Procurement and Contract management within the public sector
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate Strong Negotiation skills
- An understanding of EU procurement rules and procedures
- Good IT skills
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly, high performing procurement team in a modern office environment.
Depending on experience this Procurement Contracts Specialist role could suit somebody working as a Procurement Officer, Contracts Officer or Commercial Officer.