Up to £41164.00 per annum
Procurement Category Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Category Manager to work with an amazing organisation based in Oxford. You will be actively supporting the delivery of the procurement strategy and lead on an agreed range of industrial and construction categories working with the service to manage the end-to-end supply and delivery, ensuring that suppliers provide competitive prices. The successful candidate will build knowledge and expertise across the business in developing a whole life cost approach in the appointment and management of a range of categories that support its success.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement Category Manager
- Manage a pipeline of work under the direction of the Senior Category Manager that ensures the organisation is able to maintain its compliance the public contract regulations and the procurement governance framework.
- Lead on premarket supplier engagement, all stages of the sourcing activities through to contract execution and implementation
- Implement procurement processes to ensure efficiency, cost savings and best practices
- Deliver category savings and efficiencies, ensuring that end to end category management activities are accurately tracked and recorded
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement Category Manager
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Experience of leading procurement activities in both the public and private sector
- Experience of managing procurement activities across construction and FM categories
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
Salary up to £41,000
This role would be perfect for a category manager or senior category officer or procurement manager or sourcing manager or purchasing manager or senior buyer
If you do not receive a response to your application within 2 weeks, please note that your application has been unsuccessful.