City of London
£40000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Procurement Consultant Positions
A fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Consultant to join a leading construction and infrasrtructure consulting firm in London with a salary up to £65,000. This Procurement Manager position has been created due to business growth & recently won high value business. The procurement manager will sit in the procurement and commercial department, with excellent progression opportunities over the next few years.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement specifically within a regulated/public-funded environment, at procurement manager, procurement specialist, senior buyer, or procurement officer level.
Role responsibilities of the Procurement Consultant include:
- To fulfil the responsibilities of a Senior Procurement and Contracts Consultant
- To provide specialist procurement strategy advice to public and private sector clients.
- To manage end to end procurement services on major construction related projects.
- Support the development of the procurement services provided by Turner & Townsend.
- To support business development and marketing of the Contract Services division.
- To support the delivery of both team and wider business targets.
- To support on bid preparation and proposal documentation and support the work winning capability of the contract services division
In particular we are looking for an individual with strong experience across the following:
- Procurement strategy and execution
- Contract Management
- Public Procurement
- Supply chain intelligence and market engagement
- Contract development
- Commercial modelling
- Supplier relationship management
Person Specification of the Consultant:
- Must have the ability to lead and develop key strategy and/or documentation that complies with public procurement regulations.
- Strong supply chain expertise and experience in market engagement.
- Excellent experience of various forms of construction contracts with a particular focus on NEC.
- Rail experience which could be in an indirect or direct procurement capacity.
- A strong background in tender preparation, management and evaluation.
- Experience using e-procurement software.
- Major projects experience; over £50m.
- Confident, independent and able to work autonomously without need for supervision.
- Be able to manage work/business development/career development activities.
- Excellent communication skills, adaptable, with a determination to succeed.
- Preferably possess degree related to quantity surveying, law or procurement and/or be MCIPS.
Up to £65k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a procurement manager, procurement specialist, procurement officer, or senior buyer.