Birmingham, West Midlands
£35000 - £47000 per annum
9 months ago
Procurement Manager, Birmingham
Upto £47,000 + 15% Flex Fund (Can be taken as cash) Healthcare, Pension
A fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join a major organisation in central Birmingham (close to the train station). This position has been created due to continued grow within the business and will offer excellent progression opportunities, you will also be responsible for an Assistant Procurement Manager who will report in to this post.
Due to the nature of the roles prior experience with OJEU public contract regulations is essential as the successful candidate will be required to run full end to end tenders across indirect procurement categories e.g. Professional Services, Stationery, Marketing & IT.
Role responsibilities of the Procurement Manager will include:
- Advise on EU and UK procurement legislation and developments, applicable government policies and procurement routes
- Develop effective and appropriate procurement strategies that support value for money.
- Coordinating production of invitation to tender documents, instructions, evaluation plans and reports
- Facilitate and maintain key stakeholder relationships with existing and potential suppliers
- Ensure continuous improvement in the procurement processes and procedures
- Develop and maintain a plan of all procurement activity to meet business needs and advise on resources that are required.
- Implement procurement procedures in line with business requirements
Person Specification of the Buyer:
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience
- Confident understanding around EU and UK procurement legislation
- Previous experience in a purchasing or procurement or Buyer role within a public sector
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly, high performing, corporate services procurement team in a modern office environment. Depending on experience this Procurement Manager role could suit somebody working in a Procurement Officer, Purchasing Officer, Senior Buyer, Purchasing Manager, Category Manager, Sourcing Manager or similar role.