£50000 - £60000 per annum
about 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Manager has arisen in a growing manufacturing business in Oxfordshire. With a potential salary range of £50,000- £60,000, and the scope for the team and role to evolve as the company grows, this would be perfect for a strategic Senor buyer or Procurement manager who wants a new challenge in an exciting industry.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement specifically within a metal fabrication manufacturing environment, and ideally with experience in managing a team.
Role responsibilities of the Procurement Manager:
- Negotiating on price, terms of business and lead times, to optimise the performance and continuity of supply.
- Strategic sourcing for both direct and indirect purchasing categories.
- Taking the lead on supplier relations, vendor selection and contract management.
- Holding supplier review meetings and leading the supplier performance management process.
- Applying a continuous improvement mindset to the purchasing/procurement department.
- Represent the purchasing department in NPI discussions
Person Specification of the Procurement Manager:
- Ideally a full CIPS member (or currently working towards this)
- Experience in a senior purchasing / procurement role with experience of strategic sourcing, vendor management and demand management within either an Aerospace or Automotive/Motorsport business is essential
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and working cross-functionally with engineering teams and product teams
- A proven track record of successful supplier negotiations is essential, international experience would be desirable
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Ability to understand technical drawings
Up to 60k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a senior buyer, sourcing specialist, commodity manager, commodity buyer, category manager, senior buyer or purchasing team leader, procurement manager.