Up to £40000 per annum
about 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Buyer or Category Buyer/Manager to join this public sector organisation based in Oxford who are looking for a Procurement Manager who has category experience in construction & facilities management. They are looking for someone who can run full tenders and can build relationships with suppliers and stakeholders of multi levels.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement Manager
- Undertake and manage the effective delivery of the Procurement Strategy, policies & procedures and savings programme on an assigned Category Group/Portfolio basis in order to provide a professional procurement service to stakeholders.
- Provide best practice procurement advice and end to end sourcing project management to stakeholders
- Understand key commercial drivers and commercial success criteria for procurement undertaken within your portfolio and act as procurement challenge within the procurement governance process.
- Initiate and develop business cases, reports and committee items as required and present to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of the full cradle to grave procurement process
- The ability to run tenders from start to finish and manage them with OJEU
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement Manager
- Previous experience in delivering procurement activities for a public sector/private organisation.
- Great understanding of EU Procurement Regulations
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Confident in the use of office IT systems and programs
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
Salary up to 40,000
This role would be perfect for senior buyer or sourcing specialist or procurement specialist or procurement officer or category manager or category buyer.