Up to £43000 per annum
about 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement Manager or Commodity buyer to join this public sector organisation based in Southampton who are looking for a purchasing manager who has experience in non -clinical purchasing, contracts management and lead on a portfolio of procurement contracts and strategic projects. This role will support Head of Procurement in the deliver of cost and efficiency savings across the trust.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement Manager
- To lead the procurement strategic sourcing programme for a range of categories across the trust
- Liaise with end users at all levels
- Ensures processes are in place so that effective, collaborative equipment purchases, trials, and long-term plans allow for standardisation using evidence base and innovative practice across the local health economy.
- Contracts management
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationship with supplier and stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of EU procurement procedures including experience of tendering and have proven experience of delivering savings and managing complex projects.
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement Manager
- Have a strong commercial acumen
- Knowledge of EU & UK Public procurement legislation
- Experience in negotiating and closing complex contract deals delivering measurable savings
- Previous line management skills
Salary up to £43,000
This role would be perfect for a senior buyer or category manager or procurement manager or purchasing manager or commodity manager.