Up to £43000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement Officer to join this public sector organisation based in Addlestone who will be responsible for providing specialist advice and supporting all members of the purchasing department. When required they will also support on leading high value and complex OJEU projects.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement Officer
- Lead and manage Procurement Projects that are high value and complex.
- Assist the Head in development of the Procurement annual work programme, proactively planning for upcoming tendering projects
- Undertake the sourcing of suppliers for new or re-commissioned services, including, tendering, negotiation and forming the contract for new services and variations to existing contracts, working to procedures and legislation as appropriate.
- Ensure contract activities comply with relevant EU and UK legislation/regulations
- Support Contract management of high value and/or complex contracts from commencement to expiry
- Support the use of the e-tendering and contract system for management and monitoring of all procurement exercises.
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement Officer
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Public sector experience
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to build and maintain relationships of all levels with stakeholders and suppliers
Salary up to £43,000
This role would be perfect for a senior buyer or sourcing specialist or category manager or category specialist or procurement manager or procurement specialist.