Up to £44751.00 per annum
6 month FTC
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Officer to join this public sector organisation based in Surrey. This is a permanent position and is an initial 6 month FTC. The Procurement officer will be responsible for provide specialist advise and support to procurement managers and leading on high and complex projects as and when required. The successful candidate will have experience in housing or facilities management or estates or construction.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement Officer
- Lead and manage procurement projects that are high value, complex or cross-organisational including OJEU
- Undertake the sourcing of suppliers for tendering, negotiating and forming the contract for new services contracts etc
- Assist the Head of Procurement in development of the Procurement annual work programme
- Ensure contract activities comply with relevant EU and UK legislations/regulations
- Be responsible for running tenders across the construction, estates, facilities management, housing categories
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement Officer
- CIPS Qualification or actively working towards
- Good level of analytical skills
- Good level of written and verbal communication skills for writing reports and liaising with staff, managers and outside agencies and suppliers.
- Working knowledge of EU tendering and contract regulations.
- Previous public sector experience is essential!
Salary up to £44,000 depending on experience.
This role would be perfect for a buyer or senior buyer or procurement officer or purchaser or category officer or procurement specialist or category specialist who all have experience in the following categories:
- Facilities Management
Please do note that if you do not receive any feedback regarding your application within 2 weeks then your application has been unsuccessful.