£20000 - £30000 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Don't miss out on this perfect opportunity to develop your career in Procurement. An exciting role for a Procurement Officer has arisen in Southampton for a public organisation at a starting salary of £24,000.
Role Responsibilities of the Procurement Officer:
- To undertake the day-to-day operational and technical aspects of tenders, quotations and recommendations of contracts
- To manage contracts and ensure the compliance with both Financial Regulations and European Procurement objectives
- To liaise with suppliers, customers and partners to manage day-to-day operational and technical procurement matters
- To maintain contracts records, use eProcurement systems and update relevant databases
- Carry out research on markets, supply chains and sector procurement best practice, analysing and presenting the data accordingly
- To support the Contracts Managers
Person Specification of the Procurement Officer
- Must have previous experience of procurement within the public sector
- Must have knowledge of OJEU / EU Procurement legislation
- Must have and contract experience within procurement
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to progress as a procurement professional whilst utilising and developing their knowledge of European legislation and contract management.
This role will be well suited for someone who has held positions within procurement, purchasing or contracts management. Such as Junior Buyer, Buyer or Contracts Manger.