£39999 - £45000.00 per annum
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Procurement Specialist to join an innovative global organisation based in Bedford. The Procurement Specialist will be responsible managing the contractual aspects of supplier delivery and supporting the development and production of bespoke systems from RFQ stage through to contract award.
Specific Job Responsibilities of the Procurement Specialist:
- Successfully negotiate and manage subcontracts and work at different levels of subcontract complexity
- Demonstrate the ability to support multiple suppliers
- Manage all contractual terms including; cost, schedule and technical performance requirements that are levied on the subcontractor or product family
- Participate in contractual negotiation in support of the Subcontract Supplier Manager for change proposals
- Undertaking contract execution on allocated procurements whether subcontract, commodity, or complex material purchases.
- Providing support to ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are specified and adhered to within the contract.
- Supporting the compilation, issuing and managing a range of proposals to include RFQ's, and RFP's through to contract award/amendment, taking the lead where required.
- Work with commercial colleagues to ensure mandatory flow down conditions are managed, and to assess risk and opportunities for cost savings and schedule improvements.
Personal Specification of the Procurement Specialist:
- Experience of managing, updating and negotiating commercial terms and contracts
- Understanding of Supply Chain best practice
- Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from proposal capture, programme start-up, development, production ramp-up, sustainment and end-of-life.
- CIPS qualified or studying towards CIPS is desirable
Location: Bedford. This role will require occasional travel to suppliers, UK based and international, primarily Europe. No more than 4-5 times per year.
Salary: £39,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
This role offers Excellent opportunities for career progression and personal and professional development.
This is an excellent opportunity and it would suit someone working in a Procurement Specialist, Senior Buyer, Commodity Manager, Subcontract Manager, Senior Commercial Officer, Contract Officer, Contracts Officer, Commercial Officer, Contract Manager, Contracts Manager, Commercial Manager or similar role.