£43000 - £51300 per annum + Benefits
over 1 year ago
Procurement Specialist - IT (Interim/FTC for 6 months)
£43,500 - £51,300 (depending on experience) + 25 days holiday, bonus, private medical and free parking
A fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to join one of London's largest developers of new homes. This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed Procurement Team and influence some key changes within the business.
This position has been created due to continued grow within the business and will offer excellent progression opportunities and the opportunity to lead and take ownership of your own Procurement.
Due to the nature of the roles prior experience with OJEU public contracts regulations is essential as the successful candidate will be required to run full end to end tenders across IT.
Role responsibilities of the Procurement Specialist will include:
- Provide advice on the development of contractual arrangements and competitive procedures and ensuring this are aligned with UK and EU Procurement Legislation within all categories
- Ensure that contracts within your area of responsibility deliver full life value for money
- Implement the procurement strategy and ensuring this meets business objectives
- Liaise with stakeholders and advise on procurement strategies
- Provide advice and guidance relating to procurement regulations to the wider organisation.
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs and commercial risks and increase value.
- Negotiate and influence suppliers to improve services whilst maintaining quality
- Lead development of innovative procurement strategies against defined commodity areas assigned.
- Work alongside suppliers and operational areas of the business to explore and investigate opportunities where costs can be reduced, quality improved and processes simplified.
Person Specification of the Procurement Specialist:
- Experience of working across one of the following disciplines, IT, Hardware is desirable
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience
- Confident understanding around EU/Ojeu and UK procurement legislation
- Previous experience in a purchasing or procurement or Buyer role within procurement.
This company has been included in the Great place to work index
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly, high performing, Group Procurement team in a modern office environment. This company has been included in the Great Place to work Index and has an excellent reputation within the Housing market.
Depending on experience this Category Manager role could suit somebody working in a Procurement Officer, Purchasing Officer, Senior Buyer, Purchasing Manager, Catego