Pulborough, West Sussex
£20000 - £25000 per annum
4 months ago
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading manufacturer near Horsham as their Production Planner. This vacancy, offering in the region of £25,000, is looking for experience with demand planning, supply chain coordination and production control and to be responsible for the manufacturing work schedules.
This exciting position will offer candidates strong support with developing a career by providing commitment and solutions ensuring progression is accelerated and furthering your career. The most ideal candidate will be able to show experience with allocating and issuing materials to the production as per works order and monitoring inventory levels, raising shortages with the supply chain teams.
The Key Responsibilities of the Production Planner:
- Creating and completing work orders efficiently so at to meet on time delivery with all customer orders
- Allocate materials requirement against the work orders and issue the stock to production
- Create Manufacturing and design orders in MRP.
- Monitor and control all aspects of pre and post production making sure a smooth flow works in order assembly.
- Monitor inventory and stock levels against demands communicating with the supply chain team to avoid product shortages
- Analyse all new demand, ensuring new orders are added.
- Be responsible for raising any manufacturing future risks with management
- Update production time of products to meet customer demands weekly showing the units due per product vs the production capacity
- Participate in weekly meetings reviewing orders receive and departmental performance against set targets
The Key Requirements of the Production Planner
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previously worked in a Production Controller, Supply Chain Planner, Material or Inventory Scheduler or Demand Planner position
- IT Literate including proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
This role would suit someone with experience of Manufacturing, Engineering, Production, Demand, Supply Chain, Materials, Inventory, Stock, Scheduling.