Horsham, West Sussex
£40000 - £41000 per annum
9 months ago
An excellent opportunity for a Project Buyer to join a fast paced, rapidly growing Manufacturing company based in Horsham. Over the last 6 months, they have been heavily focused on recruiting the right people into the business to ensure the growth of both company and employee is up to expectations.
Key Responsibilities of Buyer:
- Working closely with engineering staff to procure components and related parts.
- Buying of anything from metals, machined parts to chemicals.
- Communicate complex technical specifications by engineering teams into RFI and RFQ packs.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with vendors with objective to beat target price.
- Prepare and publish BoM and maintain.
- Supply relationships internally and externally to improve cost, quality and supply.
- Working to very strict and tight deadlines.
- Track supplier PPAPs to ensure on time delivery.
- Resolve Quality and delivery issues for components.
- Experience of reading and interpreting technical drawings
- Far East Purchasing experience is a must
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science
- Understanding of procurement regulations.
- Experience within Automotive or similar manufacturing environment
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- British Passport required due to security clearance.
This role would suit a candidate with experience in the following roles; Buyer, Junior Buyer, Technical Buyer, Purchasing, Commodity Buyer, Project Buyer.