£24000 - £25000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Purchasing Coordinator - Tamworth - £25,000
A fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Coordinator to join a market leading manufacturer based in Tamworth, with a salary of £25,000. This role would be perfect for a someone who has worked in a purchasing environment and wants to grow within a procurement environment and progress with their career to be a fully-fledged Buyer! The Procurement Administrator would be supporting the purchasing team with the administration and coordination of the department.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement and ideally would have been a Junior Buyer, Purchasing Administrator, Procurement Administrator, Procurment Assistant.
Role responsibilities of the Purchasing Assistant include:
- To ensure that all authorised purchasing and sourcing activities of the allocated product group are conducted in line with the company purchasing policy.
- To review the material requirements of the company at an operational level in line with targets.
- Assist with all daily operational functions as requested by the manager to maintain operational effectiveness.
- To monitor, maintain and reduce the level of inventory and associated expenditure of the allocated group product, whilst ensuring that all foreseeable production and quality requirements are met.
- Identify process issues and promote cross functional problem solving.
- Assist with the creation of a monthly supplier performance report and review with the Materials Manager.
- Work proactively with the supply base to improve the delivery performance and associated processes.
- Complete reports and monitor proposed process improvements.
- Manage and maintain the full suite of working procedures to ensure full compliance.
- To represent the company in supplier negotiations, supplier performance reviews and new supplier evaluations in line with the company purchasing policy.
- To monitor product life cycles, usage rates and exit strategies as requested by the manager.
- To proactively support the manager in the sourcing of new or alternative products.
Person Specification of the Purchasing Assistant:
- Previous experience in a purchasing or procurement.
- IT literate
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Work within strict deadlines to complete & prioritise allocated tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a buyer, junior buyer, procurement and supply chain administration,procurement assitant, purchasing assistant or purchaisng coordinator.