Up to £18000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a purchasing administrator to join this public sector organisation based in Southampton who are looking for someone who has proven experience working in an administration, supply chain or inventory control capacity, excellent customer communication skills and great knowledge of Microsoft office. This position will give you the opportunity to undertake the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) Level 4 Diploma.
Main responsibilities of the Purchasing Assistant/Buyer
- Assist in providing an effective and efficient purchasing service to end users within the Trust
- Process orders correctly and promptly in accordance with procedures
- To act as an ambassador for the department, influence end user's choice of products and make sure all queries and complaints are dealt with in a professional and positive way.
- Assist with purchasing activity
Skills & Experience required of the Purchasing Assistant/Buyer
- Experience of producing accurate work (in an academic or work environment) with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience of organising and planning own work.
- Experience of and confident in communicating with a variety of people via email, phone, or face to face.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Salary up to £18000
This role would be perfect for an administrator or shipping coordinator or supply chain planner or supply chain coordinator or inventory controller or inventory officer or customer service agent or customer service advisor or junior buyer or purchasing administrator or purchaser or purchasing officer.