Birmingham, West Midlands
£19000 - £22000 per annum
9 months ago
Purchasing Assistant - Birmingham
I am currently recruiting for a global manufacturer based in Birmingham, who are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join their busy purchasing team. The role is paying between £19,000 - £22,000 and is perfect for someone who is looking for an opportunity to progress into Category/Commodity Management or Purchasing. The role encompasses elements of stock control, account management and market analysis, and would suit someone who is perhaps a Purchasing Assistant, Stock Controller, Junior Buyer or Procurement Analyst.
The responsibilities of the Purchasing Assistant are:
- Complete RFP enquiries accurately and within defined timescales.
- Ensure data regarding product and suppliers is set up and maintained accurately
- Be the first point of contact for the account support functions
- Generate and maintain departmental and category reports
- Attend supplier meetings to take and file minutes
- Research, assess and make initial contact with potential new suppliers
- Organise and label supplier samples rotating new/obsolete to make sure storage is available at all times.
- Take ownership of a sub-category, producing a cost saving plan and undertaking tender activity.
Person specification of the Purchasing Assistant are:
- Previous use of Excel and Microsoft office
- Negotiation Skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Two years' minimum in a purchasing/buying role dealing directly with overseas suppliers but will consider relevant backgrounds.
- Background in a fast-paced distribution, retail or manufacturing environment
- Second language would of be a bonus.
£19,000 - £22,000
This role would be best suited to a Junior Buyer, Purchasing or Supply Chain Administrator, Stock Controller, Material Controller, Supply Chain Account Manager, Procurement Analyst or a Procurement & Supply Chain Graduate