Up to £20000 per annum
3 months ago
Purchasing Assistant/Junior Buyer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a purchasing administrator to join this public sector organisation based in Poole who are looking for someone who has proven experience working in an administration, customer service, supply chain or inventory control capacity with excellent customer communication skills and great knowledge of Microsoft office.
Main responsibilities of the Purchasing Assistant/Buyer
- Processes incoming purchase requisitions and issues purchases orders in timely manner to meet customer requirements.
- Undertakes ad-hoc sourcing of products not under contractual arrangements or agreement.
- Promptly resolves any payment, delivery or supply queries and ensures effective, timely and appropriate communication of any remedial actions undertaken to all stakeholders.
- Acts with professional integrity always, knows and maintains professional standards of behaviour.
- As directed undertakes administration and maintenance of electronic support systems.
- Supports the Senior Category Manager in maintaining accurate supplier pricing and lead time data, relied upon for production of Trust purchase orders, supply agreements and e-catalogues
- As directed and required, reviews and reports supplier, customer and user related data to support category planning and ensure validity of databases.
Skills & Experience required of the Purchasing Assistant/Buyer
- Proven experience of working in an administration, customer service, supply chain or inventory control support capacity
- Good keyboard skills with intermediate ability of computer applications such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to deal especially with regards to data input.
Salary up to £20,000
This role would be perfect for an administrator or customer service clerk or account handler or shipping coordinator or supply chain planner or supply chain coordinator or inventory controller or inventory officer or customer service agent or customer service advisor or purchasing assistant or assistant buyer or junior buyer or purchasing administrator or graduate.