£38000 - £44000 per annum + Bonus
12 months ago
A fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Manager has arisen, to join an iconic manufacturer based in Telford. With a potential salary range of £38,000- £44,000 plus a very healthy car allowance this role would be perfect for a buyer who has strong experience with managing a team, and strong in their supplier development.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement specifically within a technical manufacturing environment and Ideally with experience in dealing with suppliers based abroad.
Role responsibilities of the Procurement Manager:
- Negotiating the lowest total acquisition costs for components and materials required for the manufacture and assembly, as well as indirect goods and services, whilst maintaining agreed levels of product quality, delivery performance and customer satisfaction.
- To identify and recommend suppliers for existing and new components.
- To hold regular review meetings with key suppliers to discuss delivery and quality performance.
- Ensuring that improvement plans, and non-conformances are closed in the required time frame.
- To monitor critical commodity markets trends in order to provide the base information required to conduct effective strategic supplier negotiations.
- To assist in the drafting of purchasing contracts with existing suppliers.
Person Specification of the Procurement Manager:
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Project Management
- Understanding engineering drawings
- Vendor Management
- Experience with managing suppliers in the EU and Far East.
- Strong negotiation
Up to £44k + Car and benefits
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a senior buyer, sourcing specialist, vendor manager, commodity manager, commodity buyer, category manager, senior buyer or purchasing team leader.