£37000 - £42000 per annum
about 1 year ago
This fantastic opportunity for a Senior Buyer has arisen to join a dynamic company in the Marine Industry based in Bristol. The salary is ranging from £37,000 - £42,000 on top of an excellent benefits package. The ideal candidate will come from a Marine, Naval, Defence or Aerospace background, and this position will be perfect for someone already in a senior Purchasing role wanting a new challenge, or a Buyer wanting the next step up.
Candidates will have previous experience within Purchasing or Procurement and ideally would have been a Buyer, Senior Purchasing Officer, Senior Buyer, or a Category/Commodity Buyer.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Buyer include:
- Preparation and analysis of requests for quotation and statements of work to suppliers to meet the requirements and demands of the business and projects including running supplier competitions where appropriate.
- Production and coordination of purchase requisitions and the administration and management of purchase orders and sub-contracts to maximise profitability and ensure timely achievement of project objectives.
- Preparation and administration of sub-contracts, statements of work and order amendments.
- Processing of supplier invoices ensuring all deliverables have been met and appropriate budget holder sign-off is obtained in a timely manner.
- Liaison with the project team to help define project procurement requirements and the sourcing of goods and services to meet expectations.
- Analysis of due diligence information and approval of suppliers prior to inclusion onto the Company Approved Suppliers List.
- Conducting supplier progress reviews and audits to ensure on time delivery, quality and contracted obligations are being met.
- Maintain key supplier performance metrics and contribute to internal and Corporate reporting requirements.
- Manage the generation and administration of procurement processes and procedures within the business.
Person Specification of the Senior Buyer:
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Prioritise own workload and organise own time to achieve objectives
- Proactive style and flexible attitude to scope of role
- Contribute as an effective team member
- High standard of technical skills including MS Office particularly Excel
- Part or full CIPS qualification
37 - 42K
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within Purchasing or Procurement as a Buyer, Senior Buyer, Senior Procurement Officer, Category/Commodity Buyer