£35000 - £40000 per annum
12 months ago
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for the strategic management of a commodity group within the procurement team. This person would develop a clear strategy and deliver a clear plan ensuring the goods and services are provided at the best cost, on time and at the right quality.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer;
- Developing sourcing strategies to deliver cost reduction and material availability.
- Negotiation of contracts to secure materials and obtain best cost.
- Maintaining high quality standards.
- Forecasting price trends.
- Forecasting levels of demand of services, products and component parts to be used in any manufacturing process.
- Controlling and maintaining cost of materials while ensuring the supply to production and other departments.
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Identifying and delivering procurement improvement projects.
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives through effective communication.
- Mentoring and training the existing buyers to support in their development.
- Monitor and act on supplier performance measures.
- Partaking in Inter-departmental meetings when required.
- Direct purchasing of items.
Personal Specification of the Senior Buyer;
- Proven procurement experience
- Technical manufacturing background
- Demonstrable experience in contract negotiation
- Good communication skills essential, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
- Good negotiation and commercial skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment
- Leadership skills required
- Team player
- Analytical with a good standard of numeracy
This role would suit a Buyer or Senior Buyer, Commodity Manager, Procurement Coordinator or a Procurement Officer