Up to £45k
about 1 year ago
A fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Procurement professional to join a growing organisation as a Senior Buyer, responsible for sourcing and negotiating prices for materials, consumables, equipment and services.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer;
- Ensure relevant contracts are in place for key suppliers as assigned.
- Ensure that contracts are awarded based on appropriate competitive tendering and bidding.
- Manage relevant purchasing categories or supplier relationships.
- Source and negotiate prices for materials, consumables, equipment and services.
- Produces regular spend analysis reports as required by the business.
- Produce monthly departmental reports which monitors procurement KPI’s.
- Implement procurement strategies and improvements which will generate value for the company.
- Regularly update SAP records for the assigned purchasing groups and follows up on outstanding orders with suppliers.
- Ensure that compliance and quality records are maintained.
- Ensure purchasing information and supplier data is kept up to date.
Personal Specification of the Senior Buyer;
- Degree qualified or equivalent within a relevant discipline.
- Professional qualifications would be an advantage.
- Proven experience within a Strategic Procurement position.
- Knowledge of Sourcing and Supplier Management.
- Experience within a highly regulated Manufacturing or FMCG environment.
- Strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Enthusiastic and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task and manage own time effectively.
- Able to work under pressure and to set deadlines.
This role would also suit you if you have held a role as a Buyer, Senior Buyer, Strategic Buyer or Purchasing Controller.