£40000 - £45000 per annum
10 months ago
A number of great opportunities for experienced Procurement Professionals / Senior Buyers have been created to join a leading organisation as a Capex Buyer. The Senior Buyer will take responsibility for 3-4 large packages of work. You will be procuring large items of mechanical kit (eg Lifting machines, Cranes and Automated Machinery).
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for tender through to contract award and management.
Job Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer;
- Manage sourcing and tendering processes in accordance with agreed project deliverables.
- Engagement with stakeholders to review and challenge specifications and develop robust procurement strategies.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to ensure that the most cost-effective supply solutions are obtained.
- Develop robust contract award recommendations detailing rational for award.
- Ensure that the Company's commercial position is best protected and is properly reflected within formal subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Post contract management ensuring the terms of a contract are adhered to.
- Ensure that all technical and quality requirements are fully satisfied and that all material and service requirements are supplied in accordance with Project programmes.
- Lead supplier performance monitoring and development initiatives.
- Monitor and track personal performance against functional targets to continually improve value and performance in procurement activities.
- Support the development and execution of a Segmented Supplier Relationship Management strategy.
Person Specification of the Project Buyer;
- Proven Procurement experience.
- Experience of managing complex contracting & sub-contract models.
- Understanding of NEC models would be an advantage.
- Experience within an engineering environment.
- Experience of Capex / Plant / Machinery Purchasing
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments within the business.
This role would suit an individual with previous experience in the following roles; Supply Chain Specialist, Supply Chain Manager, Supplier Manager, Category Manager, Category Lead, Commodity Manager, Commodity Lead, Senior Buyer, Buyer