Up to £45000 per annum
CM - 2192_1569336244
This procurement role presents a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Buyer to join a globally recognised marine and defence organisation in Barrow-In-Furness.
This Senior Buyer will be at the heart of the purchasing department and will be responsible for the delivery of the units supply chain requirements ensuring materials & services are provided within budget and to schedule
This Senior Buyer position offers a very competitive salary of up to £45,000 alongside great benefits and progression opportunities to the right candidate. Relocation assistance is also available with this position.
Main responsibilities of the Senior Buyer include:
- Manage contracts in accordance with supply chain processes and processes
- Cost management
- Spend management
- Supplier performance management
- Contract negotiation
- Maintenance & creation of purchase orders
Essential Skills of the Senior Buyer include:
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP and MRP systems
- Experience of working in liaison with other internal functions such as Engineering or QA.
- Good attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent financial acumen
- Experience of working in complex medium/large sized organisations
Responsible to the Purchasing Manager
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within supply chain, purchasing or procurement as a buyer, sourcing specialist, commodity manager, category manager, senior buyer, procurement lead, purchasing manager or procurement manager