£30000 - £39000 per annum
A great opportunity has arisen for a commercially minded Senior Buyer to join an established procurement team within a household-name manufacturing company based near Telford. This role is available at a salary of up to £39,000 depending on experience.
Successful candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement as a Buyer or Senior Buyer of direct materials in a fast-paced manufacturing or FMCG environment.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Buyer:
- Sourcing and recommending new suppliers
- Building relationships and negotiating with suppliers
- Assessing market trends
- Drafting new purchasing contracts
- Coordinating requests for quotations
Personal specification of the Senior Buyer:
- Has purchasing experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing or FMCG environment
- A confident people person who can negotiate successfully
- An open-minded individual who would describe themselves as a team player
- Motivated and willing to put in hard work to see results
- Looking to develop personally within procurement
This position will be suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a: Buyer, Senior Buyer, Lead Buyer, Purchasing Lead, Category Buyer or Category Specialist.