£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
An industry leading opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join a pan-European waste management firm based in Milton Keynes with a salary up to £55,000. This senior buyer position has been created due to business growth. The Senior Buyer will sit in the category procurement team, with excellent progression opportunities into a senior category manager position over the next few years.
Candidates will have previous experience within buying ideally within purchasing, procurement, or sourcing, at senior buyer, procurement specialist, purchasing specialist, procurement manager, purchasing manager, category manager, or category specialist level, and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Buyer include:
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Drive and ensure suppliers are held accountable for meeting continuous improvement and productivity initiatives
- Establish a strong network and foster collaboration with suppliers, stakeholders and category team members
- Support to the other members of the Procurement team in the management of the business' Procurement functional processes and controls, as well as support to cross-business functional training & development initiatives.
- Ability to influence and drive engagement for teams within non-direct contracts
- Understand and monitor current commodity market conditions/trends, developing technologies, supply chain capacity/ capability, product knowledge, customer requirements and supply/demand challenges
- Implement and managing procurement tendering activities
- Prepare tender documentation and participate in supplier and contractor selections and negotiations
- Obtain quotations from an appropriate range of suppliers for each project in line with the specification and scope supplied
- Review supplier quotations and ensure all documentation is in order
- Ensure appropriate technical, PM and legal reviews have been carried out prior to contract award
- Ensure the appropriate and most 'cost-effective' goods or services are sourced for the projects
- Produce and manage procurement reports which include tender reviews and recommendations
- Ensure that the appropriate contract is raised in a timely manner, documentation is kept up to date and suppliers return signed documents in a timely manner
- Liaise with suppliers and manage relationships
- Maintain procurement files and include all relevant items such as quotes, tenders, LOIs /LOAs, contracts purchase orders and other ad-hoc correspondence and chase any outstanding items
- Supporting a wide range from business plans to completion, through handover to the operational teams
- Maintain procurement programme and progress report for all live projects and all relevant aspects to provide regular updates
- Assisting in the management of procurement processes, managing supply chain members on a wide range of projects
- Assist in writing contractual documentation and provide all relevant information required to complete this in a timely manner
- Promote best practice and ensure all relevant Company procedures are followed and adhered too.
- Ensure procurement and services are delivered on time to the agreed scope and on budget
- Ensure the Company is not exposed to unnecessary or excessive risks or claims as part of the procurement process
- Where required, assist in resolving claims or disputes in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Developing and maintaining good working relations with both internal and external stakeholders.
Person Specification of the Senior Buyer:
- Proven expertise in Procurement
- Best-in Class NEC specific contract & NEC sourcing experience
- Procurement experience in an engineering-focused business
- IT litterate (Pack office, Teams, Power BI, Agresso, ...)
- Certified training in Procurement
- Business and commercial awareness
- Quick to learn and acquire knowledge; ease with asking questions to ensure understanding
- Intuitive ability in written and oral communications
- Ability to developing and executing a comprehensive category strategy
- Ability to work collaboratively with operations, finance and procurement team to identify and implement strategic sourcing opportunities
- Knowledge of the strategic sourcing process and practical application to sourcing projects with a history of achieving YOY savings
- Ability to think around problems and issues and to propose solutions
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- CIPS membership
- Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) knowledge
- Experience of working in multi-site business using shared / centralized procurement & P2P system
Up to £55k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within procurement or purchasing, as a senior buyer, procurement specialist, purchasing specialist, procurement manager, purchasing manager, category manager, or category specialist.