£40000 - £50000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Senior Buyer/Assistant Purchasing Manager - Oxfordshire
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Buyer has arisen to join an up and coming Manufacturing company in Oxfordshire. With a salary bracket of £40,000 - £50,000 this person will be assisting the Purchasing Director in strategic Purchasing activities.
You will need Purchasing experience and be an Assistant Purchasing Manager, Senior Buyer or Strategic Buyer.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Buyer/Assistant Purchasing Manager:
- Stakeholder engagement, internally and with our external suppliers
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials
- Assisting with the purchase and supply chain of production for projects through negotiated costs with suppliers
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Develop ideas and strategies and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews
- Researching and building working relationships with new suppliers and subcontractors
- Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plan
- Lead a small team of Buyers, and monitor the teams progress and performance
Personal Specification of the Senior Buyer/Assistant Purchasing Manager
- Strategic Purchasing experience essential
- Experience in an Engineering environment
Up to £50,000
Working Hours & Benefits:
- Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 25 Days Holiday
- On Site Gym
- Felxi Working Hours
- Share Scheme
This role would suit someone who has had a role as an Assistant Purchasing Manager, Senior Buyer or Strategic Buyer.
Should you not hear anything from your application within 14 days, this will mean your application was unsuccessful, and unfortunately It will be impossible to update everyone at application stage due to the high volumes of applicants we get! Please don't get disheartened and please do keep checking our website for any other opportunities!